Director of Operations and Community Wellness | The Center
Bio: Title: Director Of Community Wellness
Dates Employed: Feb 2019 – Present
Employment Duration: 2 yrs. 2 mos.
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada Area
• Oversees the daily operations of the community center including the main facility/grounds and Health/Wellness Clinic (HIV/STI Testing Site), Cyber Center, lending library, Event Hall.
• Provides over site to many of the programs: HIV Services, Youth Services, Seniors, Transgender, Volunteers and community groups.
• Administrative functions (contracts, policies and procedures, MOU’s, budgets, program data management, analysis and reporting; human resources duties, personnel procurement and development, grant procurement).
• Manages the acquisition and implementation of the 340B drug Pricing Program in partnership with the Southern Nevada Health District, Optum Care Pharmacy and HIV Services PEP/PREP team.
• Interfaces with community partners, state and local officials, media.
• Certified HIV/STI Testing and counselling.
• Facilitates client support and education groups (HIV “Living Well, Medication adherence “Med-Time”, and Social Networking; Black Queer Men of Las Vegas “BQMLV”).
Mr. Collins developed and coordinated its high impact MSM HIV prevention program during his tenure as well as creating Med-Time a treatment adherence program for The Centers Ryan White grant-funded program. Also, creating an early intervention program for at risk young male (MSM), Allied Men for HIV prevention (AMP). Managing a team of four and many volunteers Mr. Collins coordinated The Centers annual “Getting to Zero HIV Summit” hosting service providers statewide. Mr. Collins is currently serving on the Governors HIV Modernization Task Force and is a board member of Care Coalition Las Vegas and Nevada Minority Health and Equity Coalition.
Target Populations: Children, School Aged-Children, Teens, Young Adult, Adults, Seniors, LGBTQ+, Low Income