The CDC offers steps essential workers and their employers can take to prevent contracting COVID-19:
STEPS FOR WORKERS:
- Take your temperature before work.
- Wear a face mask at all times.
- Practice social distancing in the workplace as work duties permit.
- Have a plan when you are ready to come home from work.
- Keep germs out of your house.
- If possible, keep work shoes outside of home and immediately shower and change clothe
- Stay at work if you become sick.
- Share headsets or objects used near face.
- Congregate in the break room or other crowded places.
steps for employers:
- Take employee’s temperature and assess symptoms prior to their starting work.
- Send an employee home immediately if they become sick during the day.
- Test the use of face masks to ensure they do not interfere with workflow.
- Increase air exchange in the building.
- Increase the frequency of cleaning commonly touched surfaces.