Contact tracing includes
- Letting people know they may have been exposed to COVID-19 and should monitor their health for signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
- Helping people who may have been exposed to COVID-19 get tested.
- Asking people to self-isolate if they have COVID-19 or self-quarantine if they are a close contact.
Contact tracers will NOT ask for:
- Your citizenship status
- Bank Account Information
- Salary Information
- Credit Card Numbers
COVID Trace App
Free, easy-to-use mobile phone app that will help Nevadans slow the spread of the virus in our fight against COVID-19.
HOW THE APP WORKS Contact tracing can quickly notify you if you’ve likely been exposed to the virus, allowing you to reduce risk and make informed choices.
- Download the free COVID Trace app, available for both Apple and Android phones.
- It uses a technology called Exposure Notification System through your phone’s Bluetooth function and works in the background to exchange privacy-preserving random ID codes with other phones nearby.
- Once you opt-in to the notification system, the app will generate a random ID for your device, which changes throughout the day to ensure your privacy.
- Daily, the app checks all the random ID codes associated with positive COVID-19 cases against a list.
- If there’s a match, the app will notify you that you’ve come into contact with someone who has tested positive and will provide further instruction of what to do next.